Rehashing old memories- Freshman year drawings

 Drawings that I did my freshman year of college. I remember feeling incredibly homesick and nostalgic. I brought to school with me a crate of my Dad's photography and family photos. The background on the paper is a proof sheet of my dads from the 80's that I scanned and printed on large drawing paper. I think this was the first time I was really proud of having an interesting idea for a drawing at art school. I really struggled with feeling like I had a voice in a sea of amazing art students, so being proud of myself did not come often.









3 comments:

  1. Hi there...had to stop and visit your blog after I saw Odie's ridiculously cute photo over on Carrots 'n Cake. Glad I stopped...you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so amazing. really; they are simple poses yet full of emotion (not to even talk about your ability to reproduce the image)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine just sent me a link to your blog and I haven't read it all the way just yet. I wanted to respond to something you said that really touched me.
    I'm in my final semester of art school and I can really relate to not feeling like you have a voice. I'm surrounded by so many amazingly talented people that I feel like I can't live up to the awesomeness. I love being near that energy and sometimes feel like I can't live up to it. It's such a mind-$!&% because one moment you're completely inspired, and the next, so completely intimidated.
    I love the pieces you posted, very expressive!

    ReplyDelete